gallery

 photo home-9.png photo about-2.png photo disclaimer-3.png photo blogroll-5.png photo button-3.png


Friday 29 March 2013

Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution Review

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution claims to:
- Even out skin tone
- Diminish dark spots
- Give radiance and luminosity to the skin

This serum has been heavily advertised in various fashion, health, and beauty magazines and there has been many good reviews on it where it has been claimed to reduce dark-spot intensity in as little as two weeks. 
Dark spots/pigmentation has been a major skincare issue of mine for a while now so I was super excited to get on to using this product.
Unfortunately, this serum did not live up to it's high standards. After using a whole bottle, I was quite disappointed as I didn't see any changes in my skin whatsoever; it did not brighten my skin tone, it did not reduce the intensity of my pigmentation/sun spots, and it did not even out my skin tone. With that being said, I made sure that I followed a good skincare regime whilst using it so that I could maximise the efficacy of the serum. This included proper exfoliation (at least once-twice a week with an AHA peel/scrub as this encourages skin cell turnover and better absorption of the product) and sunscreen with SPF30+ UVA & UVB protection (to protect the skin and prevent further sun damage). 
Maybe I'm just in the minority group but this serum did not work for me.

x

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite convinced that none of these dark spot correctors work. Maybe you might notice a very slight difference after years of dedicated use but at the end of the day, I think they're a waste of money. I still haven't found a single product that visibly improves my pigmentation or lightens my freckles :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey kim! yeah i know.. it's so hard to find a decent spot corrector. That's the thing with asian skin.. We don't sag/wrinkle as easily.. but we get pigmentation easily. Cant have everything i guess huh. I heard the Clinique spot correcting serum is quite effective so I'm going to try that one next. See how that goes! xx

      Delete