gallery

 photo home-9.png photo about-2.png photo disclaimer-3.png photo blogroll-5.png photo button-3.png


Wednesday 27 February 2013

Current Skincare



My skin type: Combination (Dry cheeks & Oily T-zone)


Hada Labo Tamagohada Daily Foaming Wash 
Purchased from sasa.com $12.60 AUD
Doesn't dry out your skin like other foam cleansers do, good use for hotter climates, suitable for sensitive skin types, very affordable. Just a really nice simple foam cleanser. 


Clarisonic mia
Purchased from David Jones $139 AUD
I use this when I feel like my skin needs a more thorough cleansing (1-2 times a week). It gives a nice deep clean however if you use it every day it can stimulate the skin too much and may cause some irritation/breakouts (depending on the person). They say it's quite good for oily/acne prone skin but it can also help buff away all the dead surface on dry skin which will allow for more moisture absorption.  


La Prairie White Caviar Illuminating Cream 
Purchased from David Jones $560 AUD
A luxurious cream that has a semi matte finish when it absorbs into the skin (therefore doesn't make your skin look so shiny like other rich hydrating creams would). Makes the skin feel so soft and smooth, gives the skin more clarity and luminosity, and definitely firms the skin. The lovely packaging is a bonus too! However the only thing is, it failed to fade away my pigmentation. Not recommended for really dry skin types as it's not that rich. 


Clinique All About The Eyes 
Purchased from David Jones $58 AUD
I didn't see much difference in terms of my eyes being brighter/less puffy but it did indeed help smooth out my fine lines. I like the texture of this eye cream as it isn't too rich and sticky. But I don't really know if it does much apart from moisturise the skin. Maybe my bags and dark circles aren't that severe for me to see a major difference?


Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream 
Purchased from David Jones $30 AUD
I love how this product is all natural. You can even smell and feel how natural the product is. The texture isn't like a typical rough exfoliated; Its more soft and grain like as its made out of oatmeal and crushed almonds. Because the texture is so soft, you're not going to feel as much of a resurfacing factor compared to a normal rougher exfoliator. But it does however leave your skin feeling quite smooth and clean. Ingredients such as sesame seed oil, honey, and macadamia oil also help to hydrate and rebalance dryness. 


Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser 
Purchased from Chemist Warehouse $17 AUD
This moisturiser does indeed brighten the skin but it can also make the skin look a little bit shiny. It's a bit too oily for my liking (maybe because of the SPF in it). Though it doesn't feel as nice/smooth on the skin as other higher end creams/moisturisers, i find it to be a decent moisturiser for the price you pay. 


Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution 
Purchased from David Jones $85 AUD
Ive almost finished using this serum and I honestly haven't seen much difference at all in terms of fading away my pigmentation or even brightening the complexion of my skin (which it claims to do). I also find that it runs out incredibly fast compared to other serums I've tried. It's been about 2 months since I started using it its almost empty. That is to say, I'm not even a lather/drown yourself in skincare type of person.


La Prairie Refining Toner
Purchased from David Jones $130 AUD
A really nice refreshing toner. I like the tight and refreshed feeling I get from using this. It's not too drying either and doesn't contain alcohol. Suitable for sensitive skin. 



As you can see, I absolutely love experimenting with different skincare products - from cheap  drugstore brands to high end luxurious brands. I don't always believe that you get what you pay for. It really depends on what works for you. What may work for you may not work for other people so its really just trial and error. If you don't want to spend so much money on experimenting with skincare, try to get your hands on some little sachet samples for you to test out first. However they are quite small and only last for a couple of days so it may not give you a good indication of whether the product works for you. Also the skin cell turnover is around 4 weeks so its best to use a product for at least 4 weeks to see if the product has an effect on your skin. You can try to encourage faster cell turnover by exfoliating or using chemical peel masks but theres only so many times you can do them consecutively before your skin turns in to a ripe tomato! 

Conclusion: Best to read product reviews for less chance of wasting your money on skincare.


Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I have just discovered your blog and it's beautiful! I love your eye make up posts your review on BB creams. Consider me your newest member.

    It would mean the world to me if you checked out my new beauty blog, and if you liked it, became a member.

    I look forward to your future post and beautiful pictures.

    Hazel X
    http://whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hazel! I will definitely check out your blog. Thanks for your support xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, as you know I love your blog and I'm now following you on bloglovin' as well as GFG.

    I would really appreciate it if you follow me on blohlovin' too.

    Hazel X
    http://whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love La Prairie skin care, so luxurious! I'm so sorry to hear that the Kiehls serum didn't do anything for your skin - I absolutely loved it! x

    Raves 'nd Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity that La Prairie is so expensive! Yeah I heard that the Kiehls clearly corrective serum gives great results.. It's a shame it didn't work on me. Loved the Kiehl's exfoliator and foam cleanser in the clearly corrective range though!

      Delete